Our Garage Range
Wanting to build a single or double garage? Simple or multi-purpose with a workshop, storage, or a spare room and full amenities? We have the solution for you.
Double Garage. Flexible double garage with insulation, linings and workshop.
Double Garage with Loft Gable
Double Garage with Loft and gable roof. Sleepout above or upgrade to minor dwelling.
Double Garage with Loft Trellis
Double Garage with Loft. Full two level garage with sleepout over or upgrade to minor dwelling.
Double Garage with Flat Loft
Double Garage with Loft. Flat roof two level double garage with sleepout, upgrade for workshop.
Double Garage Minor Dwelling
Double Garage with Minor Dwelling. Two bedroom, kitchen, laundry with internal stair.
Triple Garage – Gable
Triple Garage or shed up to 110m2 with gable roof. Board and batten aesthetic.
Triple Garage – Flat Roof
Triple Garage or shed up to 110m2 with flat roof. Dress to match your home.
Quad Garage – Double Gable
Quad Garage or shed up to 110m2 with double gable roof. Add tall studs for your motorhome.
Building beautifully crafted solid timber garages
Hybrid build solid timber garages. We are Auckland-wide builders, with a focus on craftsmanship, long-term durability and smart functionality. Garages are an extension of your home and your garage can perfectly match your home and needs.
Hybrid will manage the whole process for you from site investigation, design, consent (if required), construction and completion to be compliant!
Custom Built Garages
Our garages are custom-made to suit your requirements. A garage is a great way to add extra storage. It might be a workshop, study, rumpus room for kids and sleepovers, a guest house, or an office to work from home.
We help provide the right space, and design, for you and your family.
Bespoke garages to your taste and requirements
With our passion for quality craftsmanship, our builds are truly bespoke and constructed on-site to suit your requirements.
Our customisations include:
• A wide range of garage sizes
• Garages with workshops, sleepouts and minor dwellings
• A selection of weatherboards, including cedar and pine
• Interior polished concrete or carpet covering and lining
• A variety of garage doors
Are you looking for a multi-purpose Garage for ultimate flexibility?
Garage up to 30 square metres without building consent! *conditions apply*
Hybrid have the custom designed Garage solution for you.
1. Floor Area: 30m2 or less, No consent required*
2. Concrete Floor: Float finished 100mm reinforced concrete slab, uninsulated, engineer designed.
3. Framing: 2.4m high stud, prenail framing
4. Trusses: MiTek Engineered Trusses
5. Joinery: Altus (Fletcher Residential) 35mm Pacific Residential suite, single glazed, black Aria hardware, standard colour range.
6. Garage Door: 0.5mm BMT Flatline Colorsteel Door, sectional overhead automatic opening with remotes. Standard colour range, no insulation.
7. Roof: 0.40 Colorsteel Corrugate, screwed, building paper, no mesh, ridge flashings, no eaves flashing, standard colour range
8. Building Wrap: Thermakraft Watergate Plus building wrap with Thermakraft Aluband flashing tape
9. Cavity: 50x25mm H3.1 Cavity battens with James Hardie uPVC cavity closure. Dynex internal & external corner under flashings.
10. Cladding: 200mm Bevelled backed weatherboards H3.1 finger jointed pre primed with galvanized soakers, small eaves bead, no facings, 10mm scribers to joinery.
11. Insulation: Not Insulated
12. Metal Battens: 16mm Metal Batten and Clip ceiling system laver level
13. Soffit: 4.5mm Hardieflex fibre cement sheet with PVC jointers, flat head nailed
14. Fascia: 150mm Pine Finger Jointed H3.1 Pre Primed
15. Finishing: 90mm x 10mm single edge bevel Pine skirtings, 60mm x 10mm single edge bevel Pine architraves.
16. Floor Covering: No Carpet or floor finish.
17. Plasterboard: Gib 10mm Gib standard plasterboard, stopping to level 4, square stopped ceilings
18. Paint: Three coat paint finish to interior and exterior
19. Spouting: Marley Stormcloud white PVC spouting and 80mm downpipes or Colorcote quarter round spouting and downpipe.
20. Electrical: Solar panels on roof with deep cycle battery, LED lights to interior with two power points
21. Plumbing: No Plumbing
22. Drainage: No Drainage
23. Rainwater: discharge onto existing system
24. Paving: No paving to path to sleepout
25. Retaining: No Retaining
26. Fencing: No Fencing
27. Crossing: Footpath crossing (if required)
2. Habitable: Upgrade specifications for habitable multi-purpose space
3. Concrete Slab: Insulated, coloured concrete, paint finish, polished concrete.
4. Timber Floor: Screw piles, Bearer 2x100x50mm H3.2 bearers, Joists 150x50mm H1.2 Joists, 20mm Strandfloor screw and glue fixed.
5. Rafters: Exposed rafters or with Skillion ceiling (Gib or Plywood)
6. Joinery: Double glazing, colour matched hardware, Malta or Lucern Hardware upgrade, premium colour range.
7. Garage Door: Powder coated aluminium, insulated, glass view panels.
8. Additional Joinery: Additional Joinery units as required.
9. Deck: Deck, stairs balustrade as required.
10. Veranda: Veranda to area of deck, 88x88mm Laminated Posts, post brackets, exposed structural brackets bolts or hidden with plugged bolt holes.
11. Canopy: Canopy over doors
12. Roof: 0.55 Colorsteel Corrugate or other profile, screwed, Covertec 403 underlay, mesh, premium colour range.
13. Skylight: Velux skylight or SolarTube natural internal lighting or Solar Illume LED panel.
14. Insulation: Expol Black R1.8 Underfloor or Polyester, Walls R2.4 to R2.8 Pink Batts or GreenStuff, Ceiling R3.6 to R5.0 Pink Batts or GreenStuff flat ceiling, R3.6 Skillion roof Pink Batts or Greenstuff.
15. Cladding: A-Lign Weatherboards, Vertical shiplap pine, Cedar vertical or horizontal weatherboards, Shadowclad, Board & Batten, Cedar Plywood…
16. Aesthetic: Colonial options, bungalow options
17. Window Facings: 100x25mm Facings, 18mm Scribers, Profiled head batten, false sill.
18. External Corners: 100x25mm boxed external corners
19. Internal Corner: W flashing, internal boxed corner, internal bead.
20. Soffit: 6mm Hardieflex fibre cement sheet, grooved plywood, 100x15mm Pile or Cedar sarking.
21. Fascia: Pine colonial feature blocks and finial, Cedar fascia & bargeboard
22. Finishing: Colonial or bevelled profile skirtings and architraves. Gib or timber cornice
23. Attic: Storage, pull down ladder, attic storage floor
24. Cabinetry: workshop options
25. Storage: Storage racks
26. Floor Coverings: Carpet to garage floor
27. Linings: Gib 10mm Gib standard, plywood lined
28. Spouting: Copper spouting and downpipes, Marley Stratus coloured PVC spouting and downpipes.
29. Electrical: Underground mains electrical feed with additional electrical capabilities.
30. Plumbing: Outside tap and water feed to workshop
31. Rainwater: Rainwater storage tank with pump or gravity feed for watering garden / washing house.
32. Paving: Path or paving (impermeable site area requires checking)
33. Planting: Planting around base of building, landscaping upon completion.
34. Fencing: Fence works
There are many aspects to building and site compliance. Best practice is to organise a pre application meeting with Auckland Council to outline proposed works ensure no laws, regulations, and standards are being breached. Auckland Council will issue meeting minutes in determination. Auckland Council charge for this meeting.
• Unitary Plan Zone: Residential zone, Precinct, Overlays (Heritage), Controls
• Floor Area: <20m2 and <40m2 (excluding decks and veranda)
• Height (GL to Roof): Approx. 3.5 metres Max (without consent)
• Single storey permitted only
• Distance to House: No restriction, attached is permitted
• Yard Control – Front Boundary: Offset for Zone single house 3m, rural 5m, large lot 10m, terraced 1.5m, mixed urban 2.5m (check zone)
• Yard Control – Side & Rear Boundary: 1m to 1.5m minimum, large lot 10m (check zone)
• Close to Boundary: Obtain neighbours signoff and apply to council for Deemed Permitted boundary Activity.
• Site Envelope: Height in Relation to Boundary Yard offset, 2.5m vertical, 45 Degrees angle (check zone)
• Building Site Coverage: 20% to 50% (Including House, carport, garage, decks over 1.5m, cantilevered building, eaves that extends more than 750mm horizontally from the exterior wall of the building, accessory buildings, such as sheds and sleep-outs.
• Landscaped Area (permeable): 20-50% including grassed areas, gardens, permeable paving or paving under 1m wide (check zone)
• Impermeable Area: 35% to 70% including driveway, parking or vehicle areas, pools over 1m, decks less than 1m, paving,
• Proximity to stream/Lake/Coast: Approx. 10m/30m/25m (Refer Zone for specifics)
• Amenities: None
• Sleepout or Garage 30m2 or under (measured inner frame to tinner frame)
• Carport 40m2 of under (measured inner frame to tinner frame)
• Pole Shed 110m2 or under (measured inner frame to tinner frame)
• Deck Slatted Area: Unlimited size under 1.5m, build up to boundary.
• Deck Balustrade: Required where fall is 1m otherwise planter hedge (no walk through access) of 450mm wide.
• Building Act 2004: Garage, sleepout must be its own height off any boundary or dwelling.
• Veranda: 30m2 floor Area maximum** current 20m2*
• Deck: Which it is not possible to fall more than 1.5 metres.*
• Retaining: Retains not more than 1.5 metres depth of ground does not support any surcharge or any load additional to the load of that ground (for example, the load of vehicles).*
• Awning: 20m2 attached to building*
• Pergola: Exempt works*
• Shade Sale: 50m2*
• Rainwater Tank: 2000L Self supporting tank 2m max out of ground*
• Rainwater Tank: 3000L Self supporting tank 1.5m max out of ground*
• Rainwater Tank: 4000L Self supporting tank 1m max out of ground*
• Electrical: Ground-mounted solar array panels**
• Pizza Oven: Outdoor fireplaces or ovens maximum height 2.5m, maximum cooking area 1m**
• Fence: not exceeding 2.5m than supporting ground*
1. m = lineal metre
2. m2 = square metres
3. *Property assessment, unitary plan compliance, code compliance, stormwater connection required.
4. **Further qualification required with Auckland Council
5. ***Pictures and Downloads are concept examples, your design will be bespoke.
“I am delighted with the process and the result.”
They were respectful of me and my home and experts at what they were doing. It was a pleasure to have them on-site. I highly recommend every aspect of the project management and results.
“I would not hesitate recommending you to others”
I found your team to be extremely courteous, communicative, timely and efficient. They had exceptional
attention to detail in both the planning stages and the actual work. I felt at ease and confident in what Hybrid were doing every step of the way.
“We recommend Hybrid without reservation”
Hybrid Residential completed our job to a very high standard. An excellent and skilled builder was assigned to our job. The project manager, builder and trades worked well with us and our architect in finding solutions to problems as they arose.